History & family
The Hotel Post in Kaltenbach has already seen a lot and is still a long way from standing still.
We would like to give you a small extract from the history of our hotel in the Zillertal Alps.
Today's "Hotel Post" was first mentioned in a document at the end of the 18th century as the Gasthaus Standl with a farm with the house name "Kalberer".
The business served exclusively to dispense beverages and serve food. With the expansion of the Post's route network, the Gasthaus Standl became the Gasthaus zur Post. The owner family at that time were Rainer Theresia and Rudolf.
With the passage of the stagecoaches, travelers were able to find accommodation in the Gasthaus zur Post. In addition, a post office was installed in the house, which was operated by the owner family. The stagecoaches brought the first guests.
In 1941 there was a change of ownership. Maria and Hermann Höllwarth have taken over the business.
During the Second World War in 1944, the adjoining stable was destroyed by a bomb, there was no complete destruction, the house was spared. War, crises and human tragedies have left their mark and are not forgotten.
With the tourist boom in the Zillertal, the former "Gasthaus zur Post" was completely demolished in 1969 and rebuilt in 1972 as an accommodation facility with 30 beds.
Through several renovations and additions, the company has been expanded to 150 beds over the years and brought up to the latest standards of a 4-star hotel.
In 2013, our 1,000m² post wellness oasis and many other renovations such as: the kitchen, the laundry and the dining room were created.